Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ear Wig Out

I may have discovered another reason why I had problems with my dive class last week.  I've been having issues with my left ear.  I felt that there was a lot of wax in there for a long time.  I've been  using those eardrops that sizzle inside your ear for a while and then you irrigate it.  I've done it periodically but I decided to really be consistant since the last pool class.  I have been doing it every day and sometimes twice a day.  

Today, I put in the drops, it fizzed and then I started shooting water in there.  At first, little tiny flecks of wax came out into the water basin.  I know this is gross but it only gets worse...seriously.  I kept doing it and more flecks came out.  I decided to keep doing it until the flecks kind of stopped.  Then the flecks got bigger.  I kept going.

With the next flush of water, something felt weird.  I looked at my left hand which was holding the syringe.  There was this large brown thing laying across my fingers.  I freaked out and dropped it into the sink.  Then I couldn't stop staring at it.  What on earth was this thing?  It was the size of a large tadpole, probably about 1.5 inches in length.  It had a dark brown ball of wax and then there was this tail thing attached to it.  It was the most disgusting thing I could imagine being in my ear.  Well, I guess an actual animal would be grosser but this was pretty nasty.  I had to save it.  Poor Matthew.

So, I showed it to Matthew when he got home and he was amazed how large the thing was.  He suggested I photograph it for the blog but, luckily for you, I decided against it. 

Now, I just have to hope that my ear monstrosity was one of the things causing my nausea in last week's dive class.  I have my fingers crossed!

No comments: