Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crazy Weekend

This is just a quick note about last weekend, starting with July 4th.  My whole family was in La Jolla for the weekend, as were Matt's parents.  We had 2 full houses.  It was nice to see Will, Donnie and Raquel but it was even nicer to see my little niece, Chloe.  She is just so cute!  I found it hard not to stare at her constantly.

So, July 4th, we just hung out at the house and had dinner, illegal fireworks and then watched legal fireworks over La Jolla Cove.

July 5th, I had a Bridal Shower which was pretty fun.  Thank you so much to Stephanie and Catherine for all of their hard work planning it and for the wonderful food and drink, games, favors, etc that they provided.

After the shower, the men showed up as well as other guests and we had an Engagement Party.  Thank you to my parents for this.  I know they spent a lot of money, time and energy on the party.  Actually, we thanked them last night by taking them out to dinner at the Marine Room.  Yummy!!!

I had a great time at both events.  It was really great to see all of my cousins.   I rarely get to see Robert so it was nice to spend a little time talking to him.  I also should mention that my cousin, Cathy, helped with some of the food for the Engagement Party and it was all delicious.

There were a lot of people at the party that I haven't seen in FOREVER, like my old babysitter, Cella.  She is crazy...in a fun way!  I think I was able to talk to everyone for at least a little bit.  It was good practice for my wedding day.  I actually think my wedding day will be easier because only 25 people will be there.  Only 33 days to go!!!

No comments: