Tuesday, August 9, 2011

July 30


Celebrating my Great Aunt Betty's 101st birthday. She was my Grandma Artha's sister. Unfortunately, she is a little washed out in this photo but I have to say that she is fantastic. She has a few physical ailments but she doesn't take any medication and her mind is sharp. I wish I had more time to spend with her and hear her stories from the days when she sang backup in Hollywood.

We went to Piatti's, one of my favorite La Jolla restaurants. In addition to me, Matt, my parents and Betty, we were joined by Rick (Betty's son) and his wife, Juanette. It was a fun and delicious meal. We sang Happy Birthday, of course, and Betty got a lot of applause (I think her age had been whispered around the restaurant). It was quite touching when two young boys made a point of congratulating her on reaching such a milestone; they treated her with so much respect. She is pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Raque S said...

wow! she looks amazing! Artha and Betty are so inspiring!