Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hunger Games Prep

There was a Groupon for an archery lesson and I couldn't resist. I always loved archery when I'd go to Club Med in the 80's.

Our lesson was at the Olympic Training Center near Chula Vista and our instructor was an Olympic hopeful (for 2016...he missed the 2012 cutoff by 4 points).

Anyway, I channeled my inner Katniss and did pretty well overall. I think I'm ready for the Hunger Games.



Since it wasn't too far, and was sort of on our way home, we stopped at Bleu Boheme for dinner. I've been there twice before...the first time was good, the second time was great and this time was fantastic.

We started with Basil Martini's and rustic bread. Then we shared Pommes Frites, sprinkled with Herbes de Provence, and a Salade Lyonnais. For our main course, Matt had a Filet Mignon that was so tender, you hardly had to chew it. I ordered a honey/curry pork with a fig and port wine sauce. OMG. It was probably the best pork I've ever had...and I'm not exaggerating. We had to take home some Chocolate Mousse to enjoy later.

This was one time where I felt our expensive meal was worth every penny.


No comments: