Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Idyllwild

Last weekend we went to a memorial service for the mother of Matt's co-worker. They grew up in Idyllwild and that is where she still lived. I think the entire town turned up and then some. They had to have it in the school cafeteria to accommodate everyone so there were children's painting all over the wall and a disco ball hanging from the ceiling. Some interesting characters spoke and a terrible bagpiper played Amazing Grace. It was like an episode of Northern Exposure. But, there is something to be said for living in a tiny close-knit community like that.

This was a photo taken just outside of town looking out from the mountain. So pretty up there. I remember going there once as a kid to visit my parent's friends . All I remember was that they had a giant rock in the front yard that we played on.

3 comments:

Don Shank said...

I remember that rock!

Susan Shank said...

I know! It's not a big area either and we drove around looking for it...but I never found it.

Susan Shank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.