Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Well, my "year of pictures" experiment is over. Did it inspire me to take more photos? I think it did. However, I still forgot to take photos at some of the most important times. I tend to get wrapped up in living the moment and forget to record it. Nothing wrong with that but I'm one of those people that cherishes my memories so it's important to me to have something to show for them.

I've long kept scrapbooks and photo albums so I want to continue to do something like that in my blog. I also want to share some of my favorite things. I'm still going to strive to post to my blog weekly, at the very least, but I feel the daily aspect forces the issue.

So, what about today? Well, here are 2 photos taken last summer at my dad's retirement party in La Jolla. Mike Nicholas was there and took a bunch of photos of our extended family with a few exceptions (Will, for one). The first includes my dad's brother and family (The Shanks). The other includes my mom's brother and family (The Shooks).

Shank squared

Shanks and Shooks



No comments: