Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 19th

Wow, it rained hard today. I did all I could to save the wood we have stacked in the backyard for the patio cover. I hope it worked because I got drenched in the process. Dig just watched from the back door window, all warm and dry. I'm sure he was thinking, "what the hell is she doing out there?"

Anyway, I did manage to walk Dignan this morning before the rain began. I got through my entire normal workout so that was something ACTIVE.

For something CONSTRUCTIVE, I renewed my membership in Amnesty International. I've been a member for over 20 years, probably about 25. Wow!

Most of my evening, however, was spent on something ENJOYABLE. First, a roaring fire. Then, a feast. I made one of my favorite cold weather drinks, Mulled Wine, to sip while we cooked. We started off with a winter salad of lettuce, pears, maple walnuts and blue cheese with a champagne vinaigrette. The main course was all Ellie Krieger recipes (which means healthy)...Spiced Pork Tenderloin and Roasted Nutmeg Cauliflower. I usually hate cauliflower but this was okay. I could eat it again. We finished the meal with some leftover chocolate cake.

Well, it's a good thing I did my full workout today!

No comments: