Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Weekend: January 30-31

I haven't been very ACTIVE for about 10 days now. I did help Matthew with our back patio cover and it's coming along nicely. I will miss not being able to see the moon and stars at night from the kitchen window but I think it will be much more useful to have a full cover over the patio. We can install a ceiling fan and heaters and even sit out there with rain falling all around us. That will be my favorite thing because I love the rain.

I also did some CONSTRUCTIVE things this weekend besides the patio cover. I organized my closet a bit. Believe it or not, I still have boxes in there from our move which was about 3 years ago. That's pretty sad. I unpacked one of them and it was full of bath gels and lotions. I get a lot of that stuff from people at work so I've been trying to use it all up. I had just caught up when I got a bunch more for Christmas...and now I found this dang box full of more. Erg!

Anytime I'm not working, I consider it ENJOYABLE. My boss had to ruin part of my Saturday, though, by calling my cellphone to get mad at me for forgetting to do something. There was nothing I could do about it until Monday so I don't know why she couldn't just leave me a voicemail at work or send me an email. It was just mean to call my house and then call my cellphone twice so she could be sure to be a bitch. I'm getting so sick of my job. I used to love working there and then one of the owners died. The other one took over and she has been trying to do the work of 2 people ever since. She won't hire an assistant and she has gotten to be a crazy micro-manager. I don't know how much more I can take. Unfortunately, with the economy like it is, I pretty much have to stay put. I am fortunate because I can work from home, make decent money and get good travel perks. I do feel a sense of loyalty to the company but my boss is really causing those feelings to erode. Pretty soon, I won't care anymore.

No comments: